For the home page Slideshow we recommend creating a Collection of carefully picked landscape/horizontal images all the same aspect ratio for the best presentation. You may want to hide this gallery from visitors. You will not be able to use private galleries or galleries with password protection. The gallery must be public.
Please click here for our video walk-through on setting up your homepage slideshow!
If you would like to feature a single image rather than a slideshow, we suggest you create a gallery that contains only a single image. You may also want to review assigning a Soundtrack to your Home page slideshow.
If you would like to display a slideshow on your home page, you have many layouts to choose from.
There are 2 major display types to consider:
- Full screen & Wide screen slide show display (cropping)
- Classic display (non-cropping)
Full Screen & Wide screen Slideshow Layouts:
The full screen slideshow layouts will display the photos so that they will fit the entire width of a monitor or browser and only limit the height of the slide show.
This means your photos will stretch horizontally but not vertically. Because of this, photos that are vertical or portrait oriented may not be well suited for a full screen layout. For the full screen slideshows, we recommend creating and assigning a gallery which contain landscape/horizontal oriented photos, and making sure the gallery is set to display the largest display size.
The largest size photos that can be displayed is 1550 pixels wide so it is important to make sure the photos in the gallery assigned to your slideshow/spotlight content are at least this large and that your Access Control settings, Largest allowed image size is set to XX-Large (1550 x 960).
If a monitor or browser is larger than 1550 pixels in width, the full screen slideshow will stretch or scale up the images to fit the entire width of the screen.
It is important to be aware that there are many different computer monitor sizes, with differing aspect ratios (width to height ratios), so a full screen slideshow may appear differently with the varying sizes.
Some of the more common monitor sizes are:
・ 16:10 (1280×800 and 1680×1050 displays),
・ 16:9 (HD video standard)
・ 4:3 (Old computer monitor standard)
Classic Display Slideshow:
The Classic slideshow layouts will show entire photographs as you have them uploaded into your gallery and they will not be cropped or stretched to fit the entire screen.
If you prefer a smaller slideshow where the entire photograph is displayed and/or if you use portrait/vertical oriented images, the classic layouts are recommended.
The page will refresh with a new customization menu at the top and a yellow outline around the page, confirming that you are in the customization mode.
- From the Edit View, go to the HOME page.
- Locate the Show Visitor View » Customize link in the Top Menu of the Main Area.
If you are already in the Visitor View, move your mouse over the My Zenfolio View Switcher at the top of the visitor page. A menu will open with a list of items. Click to select Customize Visitor View.
- Hover your mouse over the content area of your homepage and either Click Edit or SPOTLIGHT CONTENT (Full screen layouts will say BACKGROUND CONTENT in the Customize toolbar)
- Click Select Content
- Select the desired gallery or collection you wish to use at your slideshow
- Click Select to confirm choice.
- Click Update
Depending on the slideshow layout, these options may vary.
- Click Set Options
- If you wish, you will be able to select a Soundtrack for your slideshow
- Determine the time and transition style for your images and whether you want them
- Choose the color of the background and transition
- Choose whether a slideshow controller should appear and it's style (light or dark)
- Determine if thumbnails of the images will appear within the slideshow
- Click Update
The Set Layout options are only applicable for Classic slideshow layouts. Full screen and wide screen slideshows will not show you the following layout options.
- Click Set Layout
- Choose to have the slideshow area automatically sized based on the largest allowed display size Or set exact dimensions for the slideshow area.
- Determine whether entire images will fit within the slideshow area (with no cropping) Or if they should fill the slideshow content area (cropping may occur)
- Choose whether or not to show the border around the slideshow as it is set with the assigned theme.
- Click Update