As part of controlling access to photographs and videos, you can specify what size display images visitors can view. The main reason to limit image sizes is to provide an additional measure of protection against unauthorized use of your photographs and videos. The default display size for newly uploaded photos is Extra-Large but this can easily be changed.
The extra-large image size is used almost exclusively for Slideshow presentations as well as the Dim the Lights photo view. If you do not wish to enable extra-large display sizes then Slideshow and Dim the Lights will default to the display size setting you have chosen in access control.
- In Edit View, click to select the item you would like to apply access control settings to. Details about the item will be loaded into the Toolbox on the right side.
- Select Edit in the Access Control section of the Toolbox. A popup window will open.
- In the Photo Protection tab you may need to un-check the box that says Same as Containing Gallery (if the item you are protection the tab will be called Video Protection)
- Check which display image size you prefer
- Click Save for the new settings to take effect immediately.
Note: The above steps can be applied to multiple selected items as one operation.
Check out the Help section on display sizes for more information on exact sizes.